Content Audit Services
We’ve all been there – the team has pumped out some decent content and built a nice website. But…something isn’t working as well as you’d hoped. Your engagement? Sparse. Growth? Struggling. Rank? …well, rank. 🦨
Analyzing existing content gives a clear picture of what works well and where things could be improved.
Save time & money in the long run by laying the foundation for an effective strategy.
What is a content audit?
Think about your site’s content—regardless of the type, its creation took up significant time and resources, right? Now, think about how you manage it all.
How do you know how it’s performing? What do you do with that knowledge?
If you don’t know the answer—or it’s a bit hazy—it’d be beneficial to invest in a content audit.
The actual steps in a content audit may vary based on need but the goal remains the same: identify content opportunities, competitive gaps, relevant missing topics, and keywords for site optimization.
Why do a content audit?
Your website is your digital shopfront. Just like a brick-and-mortar shop, a good experience brings more customers in while a bad one keeps them away.
There’s an added consideration to a website, though: you also have to compete to earn the favor of various search engines to rank and gain visibility for your business.
A content audit looks at the factors which influence both user experience and search engine optimization (SEO), ultimately offering a solid foundation to make a data-informed strategy and draw more consumers to your site—then, keep them there.
The end result? More traffic and—ideally—increased revenue.
What to expect in a content audit:
Here’s a list of some—but not all—of what may be included in a content audit:
- Inventorying content
- IDing content for repurposing and updating.
- IDing top-performing content to use in marketing efforts.
- IDing what resonates with your audience—and what doesn’t!
- Titles, meta descriptions, image alt descriptions
- Target keyword
- Heading tags (H1 and H2, generally)
- Bounce rate
- Length for comparison to top-ranking content
- Last date updated—is the information still correct?
A content strategy is for you if you:
Have existing website content & copy
- Want to improve SEO efforts for more organic traffic and lower bounce rates
- Have concerns about the messaging, voice, and reputation your brand is building
- Plan to launch a comprehensive content campaign but need a starting point
- Your webpages aren’t converting
This is NOT for you if:
• You haven’t built your site yet
Content Audit Services & Rates
Audits start at $1000
Given the nature of a content audit, each project requires a custom quote. I’ll consider factors like:
- Depth and detail requested in the audit
- Number of pages to audit
- Length of content to review
- Existing resources and data